Aktuell: Ich freue mich sehr, vom 22. bis 29. September anlässlich des NEUSTADT ART FESTIVALS in meiner Lieblings-Filmothek PHASE IV auf der Königsbrücker Straße in Dresden ausstellen zu dürfen. Eröffnung ist am 22., 16 Uhr, Begleitet werden meine FACETTEN DER SCHÖPFUNG vom beliebten Dresdner DJ Dr. Hustler. Außerdem gibts am Freitag 20.15 Uhr Tresen-Lesen und am Samstag zwei Konzerte. Ihr seid alle herzlich eingeladen!
Exhibitions | Projects:
- 2024: Project "The Plants of the New Era" - I explore the question "What is wrong in our world and how can new plants remedy it?" - a permanent project
- 22. bis 29. September 2023: Im Rahmen des Neustadt Art Festival (22.-24.0.) – Die BRN der Kunst in Dresden – Ich stelle in meiner Lieblings-Filmothek Phase IV auf der Königsbrücker Straße aus. Die Bilder werden noch die ganze Folgewoche immer 16 bis 21 Uhr zu sehen sein.
- 11. und 12. Juli 2023: BERLIN FASHION WEEK (Berliner Mode Woche) Neo Fashion Show – EÄRTHA – Designer Haz Sam gemeinsam mit den Künstlern Katja Tomzig, Tim Berresheim, Michael Hutter und RelatedByObjects. Für seine Abschlussarbeit ließ Haz Sam u.a. meine Bilder auf Stoff drucken und nachsticken. Die daraus entstandene Robe ist wahrlich einzigartig und wurde mit Bestnoten ausgezeichnet. Alte Münze Berlin, Molkenmarkt 2
- 20 - 23 April 2023: Discovery art Fair Cologne - after three times of "dry swimming" now really on site. I am looking forward to it! Discovery Art Fair
- 28 November to 10 December 2022: ARTBOX.PROJECT Miami 3.0 to the Miami Art Basel Art Week Miami Art Basel Art Week
- November 2022: Catalogue "We Contemporary 2022" - International artists presented by Musa Art Space Italy Musa Art Space
- 18 to 24 November 2022: "IMAGERIES" exhibition by Italian curator and art critic Dr Monica Ferrarini at Galleria D'Arte "Il Leone", Rome, physical Galleria D’Arte „Il Leone“
- October 30 2022: I am among the winners of Art Market Magazine's "Top Contemporary Artists of the Year 2022" award and have a page in the special issue GOLD LIST #7, available from today in Israel and from the beginning of November in America, Canada and Europe. Art Market Magazine
- 30 July to 20 August 2022: FACETS OF CREATION - solo exhibition at Kö9, Artspace in Dresden, physical
- 28 July to 3 August 2022: Group exhibition ORIZZONTI TRASVERSALI (I would translate it as "Outside the box") at M.A.D.S. Art Gallery Milan | Fuerteventura, digital M.A.D.S. Art Gallery
- 3 to 24 April 2022: Galerie KARAK in Cologne shows Easter eggs designed by international artists, physical Galerie KARAK
- 13 to 20 January 2022: Collective exhibition "From the Heart of Europe", Galeria Gaudí, Madrid, physical
- December 6, 2021 publication "Artists of Today and Tomorrow 2" by curator and art critic Dr. Monica Ferrarini, published by Gangemi Editore Rome; I am represented with a double page spread, ISBN 978-88-492-4140-2.
- 26. bis 28. November 2021: art3f Brussels Contemporary Art Fair (Messe zeitgenössischer Kunst) physisch art3f Brussels
- 22 to 31 October 2021: Group exhibition "Aldilà" at M.A.D.S. Art Gallery Milan | Fuerteventura M.A.D.S. Art Gallery
- October 2021: Participation in the Luxembourg Art Prize 2021 (Luxembourg Art Prize)
- October 1 - 8, 2021: Group exhibition "AURA" in THE HOLY ART Gallery, London, physical THE HOLY ART
- August 2021: Exhibition ARTBOX.PROJECT Zurich 3.0 virtual to the SWISSARTEXPO in the main station Zurich
- April 2021: Discovery Art Fair Köln 2021 - postponed to June 2021 - postponed to April 2022 - Juni-Ausgabe 2021 ONLINE
- May 2021: Group exhibition "(Im)Possibilities" Galleria La Pigna - Palazzo Maffei Marescotti, Rome, physical Galleria La Pigna
- February | March | April 2021: Project FACETS OF CREATION meet fashion and go symbiotic.
- January to April 2021: Exhibition ARTBOX.PROJECT World 1.0 | ARTBOX.GALLERY Zurich virtual - extended until the end of June 2021 | Presentation on the Gallery Platform www.artsy.net
- December 2020 extended until end of February 2021:: solo exhibition FACETTEN DER SCHÖPFUNG physical in gallery KARAK, Cologne Virtual tour
- November 2020: Exhibition WITCH(ES) (witch(s)) of the Basque artist Unai Endemano with paintings by Kato fitting to Helloween.
- September 2020: Open studios in Cologne
- Fall 2020: Participation in the Luxembourg Art Prize 2020 (Luxembourg Art Prize).
- August 2020: Working scholarship of the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- August 2020: ARTBOX.PROJECT Zurich 2.0 virtual in the context of SWISSARTEXPO - presentation on the gallery platform www.artsy.net ARTBOX.PROJECT Zürich 2.0
- April 2020: Discovery Art Fair Köln 2020 - virtual only (Discoverer Art Fair Cologne) Discovery Art Fair Cologne 2020
- February 2020: Art Auction KARAK Art Lab & Gallery, Cologne
- December 2019: Collective exhibition of the seven resident artists of the KARAK Art Lab & Gallery in Cologne (Kato)
- December 2019: STAND.ART Art Market at Baui Cologne
- November 2019 to January 2020: Katja Tomzig and Torsten F. - Quarterly exhibition at Daniel Kutkowski, Cologne
- November 2019 until today: Gallery 104 New York virtual gallery104.com
- October 2019: Dark Daze Arts and Crafts Market at the Fine Art Academy Cologne (as Kato).
- September 2019: Open studios in Cologne for the first time with works from my new series FACETTEN DER SCHÖPFUNG as Katja Tomzig
Up to this point, all exhibitions under the pseudonym Kato with mainly socially critical art:
- July 2019: Amphi Festival Cologne
- April 2019: Le Tour Belgique - joint exhibition at the Fine Art Academy Cologne
- Decemeber 2018 Dark Daze Arts and Crafts Market in the Fine Art Academy Cologne
- November 2018: Community exhibition "Aufgetischt" in the series "Art in the Carréee" in the Cologne districts of Sülz and Klettenberg - my plastic waste critical painting "Waiter, dismiss the cook at once" on the exhibition poster.
- September 2018: Open studios in Cologne
- February 2018: Joint exhibition art project "Helping Hands", Stadtsparkasse Wermelskirchen
- November 2017: Founding of the independent artist group KUNST FÜR MENSCHEN (ART FOR PEOPLE) and conception of the website of the same name
- November 2017: Joint exhibition "Woodcuts" in the First Cologne Living Room Theatre
- December-January 2017: Exhibition "Malerei Und Grafik" - Student Works at the Chilean Restaurant El Comedor in Cologne
- 2015-2017: Participation in various seminar exhibitions of the Freie Kunstschule Köln
The Fantastic in Painting
"The fact that the fantastic has always been a constant in the history of Western culture [...] confirms the view that times of upheaval or [...] times of crisis regard the fantastic as a means of representation particularly suited to them. For it is precisely in such moments of history that the notions of a reality hitherto experienced as certain are shaken.
The fantastic is therefore subversive in its basic attitude: It questions the prevailing principle of reality in each case - without offering a new model of reality and thus providing reassurance. The fantastic, even in its mildest form, is always disturbing, it is never affirmative, and precisely for this reason it has never been very popular in societies that thought little of questioning their basic principles, a fact that could still be proven today. From these considerations it is almost imperative that the fantastic in art can only ever arise and develop its effect against the background of the realistic. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Without a firmly established image of reality, even if it has become fragile, the fantastic does not exist: without realism there is no fantastic art, because only in the confrontation of the realistic with the deviant, in the confrontation of familiar and alienating ways of seeing, can the ultimately positive disquiet be evoked that characterises all fantastic art. For this reason, the fantastic dimension is reduced the more abstract a work of art becomes: Pure abstract fantasy is therefore hardly possible in the visual arts." Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Quote from: Foreword Jörg Krichbaum / Rein A. Zondergeld 1977 in DuMont's Small Encyclopaedia of Fantastic Painting